Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 31:50 — 29.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Pavan discuss:
- There is strength in finding your niche (even if people say it’s too small).
- Building a law firm from scratch.
- Having a client-focused process in your firm.
- Hiring those who have the same passion as you.
- Make sure all of your networking efforts are genuine and in line with your vision and goal.
- Figure out who your ideal client is and understand the best way to reach them.
- Let your tools and software work for you. It may look complicated at first, but it can often save you time and headaches later down the road.
- You can only stay lean so long. Your success helps you grow, which leads to hiring key team members.
- “Every few weeks, I’d have a minor panic. It was something that I had to work through by focusing on the vision I had for my practice, and making sure all the decisions I made reinforce that vision.” — Pavan Dhillon
- “I never went to any specific event thinking it was going to lead to something. I always went in thinking about what I would learn.” — Pavan Dhillon
- “You were taking the time to establish yourself as a thought leader by creating content that was going to be helpful for your ideal client in an authentic way.” — Alay Yajnik
- “It took me two years to structure my practice so I could take a full month off, but I was able to do it.” — Alay Yajnik
About Pavan Dhillon:
Pavan Dhillon is the Founder and Principal Attorney at Dhillon Immigration Law, a boutique U.S.-based Canadian corporate immigration law firm providing high-caliber legal expertise in all employment-based corporate immigration matters. With over 12 years of experience and an exceptional track record, Pavan is often invited to speak on a variety of topics to various organizations including the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s Global Mobility Section (AILA GMS), the Canadian Bar Association’s (CBA) Immigration Section, the Association of Corporate Counsel and Mexico’s Asociación Nacional De Abogados de Empresa Colegio de Abogados (ANADE), among others.
A trusted advisor, Pavan excels in navigating complex issues ranging from immigration compliance to mergers & acquisitions. She tailors customized immigration strategies based on each client’s long-term and immediate immigration objectives with consideration of industry-specific concerns. Pavan has earned a reputation as a leading Canadian immigration lawyer providing strategic yet practical guidance to corporate clientele ranging from Fortune 100 companies, regional corporations and startups who rely on global talent to maintain, grow and expand operations in Canada. She served as lead Canadian immigration counsel for a global law firm in its San Francisco, Boston and New York offices for over 5 years before launching her own practice.
Pavan is admitted to practice law in both the province of British Columbia and the state of New York. Born and raised in Canada to Indian immigrants, Pavan graduated with distinction from McGill University with joint Civil and Common Law degrees. Her personal experience with immigration and entrepreneurship fuels her passion and the high standard of excellence her clients have come to expect.
Her passion for immigration law begins and ends with the immigrant journey.
Pavan ensures a seamless client service experience while partnering with her clients to meet their distinct business needs.
Connect with Pavan Dhillon:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com