Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:33 — 28.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Tim discuss:
- The unique nature of appellate cases and working with an appellate counsel.
- What clients want to know about you before they hire you.
- Unique and creative marketing strategies.
- Repurposing content for the greatest impact.
- If the client feels that you understand the case and you want to play a role in helping get justice for them, that’s going to be more important to them than just the analysis of how much it is going to cost.
- Trial representation as well as appellate representation both bring value and can work in tandem with each other.
- People are not tuning in to get perfection in podcasts, they want personality and one or two useful bits of content in each episode.
- Repurposing content is a great way to reach more audiences in a shorter period of time with less energy input.
- “From one input of energy, and in researching and writing these recent cases, I’m able to put it out there on multiple different fronts…whichever source they get that information, it’s all coming from these mornings that I spend blogging.” — Tim Kowal
- “The barrier to entry is really low on a podcast, but that means there’s a lot of really crappy podcasts out there. The other issue is, while it’s easy to start, it’s not easy to sustain.” — Alay Yajnik
- “The more niche the topic, the more passionate the audience is going to be about it. ” — Alay Yajnik
- “It’s very easy to repurpose, you just have to find something you enjoy doing and you can turn that into a lot of different forms of content.” — Tim Kowal
About Tim Kowal:
Tim Kowal helps trial attorneys and clients win their cases and avoid error on appeal. He co-hosts the California Appellate Law Podcast at www.CALPodcast.com, and publishes a newsletter of appellate tips for trial attorneys at www.tvalaw.com/articles. His appellate practice covers all of California’s appellate districts and the Ninth Circuit, with appellate attorneys in offices in Orange County and Monterey County. Contact Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 641-1232.
Connect with Tim Kowal:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com