In this episode, Alay and Stacie discuss:
- Practicing law can be more than just being a technician.
- Getting clear and looking at structure and process.
- Creating a training plan for the success of your team.
- Building a training plan can be overwhelming, but it will make it easier to bring on other attorneys and allow them to serve your clients according to your expectations.
- Break down each case type that you handle, step by step, and analyze how you actually tackle one.
- Hiring is not the end of an employer’s journey – next comes leadership.
- “There are other mindsets beyond being the technician.” — Alay Yajnik
- “So many small firms are focused practicing law that they forget that they’re actually running a business, they’re entrepreneurs, and it’s their job to think like entrepreneurs.” — Stacie Riffert
- “If you know that you’ve got some controls in place to mitigate some of the risk, it makes it a lot easier for you to let go.” — Stacie Riffert
- “The value of working with someone from the Law Firm Success Group is that we have the experience to see around corners to what’s coming up.” — Alay Yajnik
About Stacie Riffert:
Stacie believes that you can be both a successful attorney AND have the time to show up for the people and things that matter most in your life. As a Certified Practice Advisor, Stacie specializes in helping law firm partners remove stressors, manufacture more time, empower their teams and generate more revenue, which enables them the time and energy to live their best life.
Stacie brings two decades of general management and business development experience. She is a Certified Business Coach with FocalPoint, and the recipient of FocalPoint’s Alvin Law Award for Perseverance. She is a PepsiCo President’s Ring of Honor recipient, and was recognized as a Top Woman in Grocery by Progressive Grocer Magazine.
Stacie is a mom to two active and crazy little girls and has run numerous half marathons. She holds a bachelor’s degree from Bucknell University and an MBA from Boston University.
Areas of Focus:
Strategy, Business Development, Personal Productivity, Hiring and Management, Systems, Starting a New Law Firm
Connect with Stacie Riffert:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com