Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 28:12 — 64.6MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Renee discuss:
- Renee’s professional leap to creating her own law firm after discovering her love of family law.
- Growing the firm beyond the practice of law.
- Creating a business that is greater than you and driven by passion.
- The intersection between personal and professional challenges in small businesses and firms.
- The scary part is the unknown, but the exciting part is watching it all unfold and grow and evolve.
- What matters is mindset and how you approach any opportunity (good or bad).
- Saying “no” creates space and opportunities for the things you want to say “yes” to.
- Take time to think and let ideas come to you. Be open to any of the ideas that are flowing.
- “I knew if I keep showing up and writing articles and speaking and volunteering for things and networking that it will happen…and it did.” — Renee Bauer
- “Having an authentic message…then broadcasting that message to connect to that audience is going to provide great results for everybody – for the clients as well as for the firm.” — Alay Yajnik
- “We want to do it all, as entrepreneurs, and we can do it all. But we just can’t do it all at the same time.” — Renee Bauer
- “In a small firm, all of the business challenges, ultimately, are personal challenges for the partner.” — Alay Yajnik
Connect with Renee Bauer:
Connect with Alay Yajnik: