In this episode, Alay and Joan discuss:
- The importance of building a team.
- Determining if someone is going to be a good fit for your team.
- Understanding your company culture.
- Employee engagement and your law firm’s vision.
- The team is the foundation of your business. If you don’t have the right people in the right roles, you will not be best serving your clients.
- Understanding your team deeply will allow you to hire for the gaps you have in your team.
- Part of building a culture is understanding how you are going to help your team continue to learn and grow, and how that fits in with the firm’s growth and vision.
- If you give your team the bandwidth to do the work, they will deliver for you (if you have the right team).
- “In my mind, the perfect team is a balanced team. ” — Joan Sebring
- “If you’re not bringing on a team, then you’re not maximizing the potential that you have in your practice. It also means that you’re going to be working too hard, for too little.” — Alay Yajnik
- “An important part of building a culture is to think about the future growth as you’re hiring.” — Joan Sebring
- “The secret sauce is to have a compelling vision for your firm, and to get your employees engaged in that vision.” — Alay Yajnik
About Joan Sebring:
Joan Sebring is a Certified Practice Advisor with Law Firm Success Group. Joan earned her B.S in Accounting from King’s College and her M.B.A. from Adelphi University. Joan loves all things water-related: surfing, sailing, SCUBA, snorkeling, and offshore big game fishing.
Areas of Expertise:
Starting a Law Firm
Connect with Joan Sebring:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com