Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:57 — 26.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Ellen discuss:
- How Ellen suddenly transitioned to a virtual office (and how it worked out!).
- Benefits to going virtual as a small law firm owner.
- Hiring and staffing for a virtual office.
- Creativity is key when building a virtual office.
- A lot of people got over the technology hump during the pandemic just to stay in touch with family and friends. Going virtual is more possible than you think.
- There are now software and programs that can assist your firm to keep track of how the workflow is going while being physically apart.
- Having a virtual office gives you more freedom with where and who you hire, widening your hiring pool and giving you more options.
- When building a team, it is essential to offer as much flexibility as you can.
- “You have to be creative in this and find a way to make it work.” — Ellen Cookman
- “When you have a rapidly growing firm, things change really, really fast.” — Alay Yajnik
- “You’ll be pleasantly surprised how you can use all the technology that we have today to make a virtual office really work.” — Ellen Cookman
- “Time is your most precious resource. You can’t save it, you can’t get more of it. Once it’s gone. It’s gone.” — Alay Yajnik
About Ellen Cookman:
Ellen Cookman is the principal of Cookman Law in Palo Alto, California. She is passionate about helping families of all shapes and sizes plan for the future and utilize available resources. Ellen is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law from the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. She received her J.D. from UC Berkeley School of Law and her LL.M. in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate from Golden Gate University. Ellen lives in East Palo Alto with her husband, two cute and very active boys (her older son has high-functioning autism), a boxer-pit bull mix named Ulysses, and a kitty named Skittles.
Connect with Ellen Cookman:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com