Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 26:23 — 30.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Randa discuss:
- Delegating and hiring appropriate legal support.
- Why attorneys need to be better about tracking their time.
- Marketing, caseload, and workflow.
- Most of the time, attorneys overthink the billing more than the client does.
- Bill for anything that is pushing the case forward.
- Just because someone has work for you in your practice area does not mean that they are the right client for you.
- “Let someone else handle your billing, not you. There are a lot of emotions in billing, and a lot of attorneys don’t recognize that.” — Randa Prendergast
- “For how much time you think you’re spending on something, it’s usually longer.” — Randa Prendergast
- “When you’re down and you feel terrible, it’s really hard to do business development. When you feel good and you feel excited, you feel re-energized. Your clients see that, and they latch on to that.” — Alay Yajnik
- “You have the power if you really pick your clients properly, and focus on clients that you really enjoy working with.” — Alay Yajnik
About Randa Prendergast:
Randa Prendergast is the Attorney Whisperer, with over 15 years of experience assisting law firms in managing their law office and helping attorneys free up their time by focusing on inefficiencies in their workflows, policies and procedures, time management, and matters while offering paralegal support to keep legal work moving forward.
Connect with Randa Prendergast:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com