In this episode, Alay and Nermin discuss:
- Having the right clients for your right practice.
- Creating your schedule how you want it, even with the uncertainty of running a law practice.
- Charging what you are worth.
- Running the systems that work for you.
- Fit a four day work week into your life so you still have time for the things that matter and you still have time for the things that matter outside of work.
- Look at your billing in a way different from the billable hour. It has the ability to create more consistency with your income and cash flow.
- Law firm owners often underestimate the time and money that things take. Put those resources to the things that matter, not the things that are just the shiny object catching your attention.
- Don’t be afraid to ditch things to make it all fit on your calendar. Be ruthless with your time.
- “It’s not about a high volume practice, it’s about a high quality practice.” — Nermin Jasani
- “Your law firm should support your lifestyle, not the other way around.” — Alay Yajnik
- “There are two things that you have to evaluate as a business owner effectively: how much money do you have to do this thing? And how much time is this going to take?” — Nermin Jasani
- “If something doesn’t move you towards the firm you want, don’t do it.” — Alay Yajnik
About Nermin Jasani:
Nermin is a former Wall Street attorney who had her own law firm providing financial regulatory and compliance advice to hedge funds and other registered entities. During her time as a law firm owner, she learned all of the wrong ways of doing things and made all of the rookie mistakes, like billing by the hour. Nermin is now a strategist for female law firm owners, especially the breadwinners, helping them think like a CEO, and not just a lawyer who happens to own a law firm.
Connect with Nermin Jasani:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com