Get Staffed Up offers virtual assistant services exclusively for law firms. Get $500 off your setup fee at https://getstaffedup.com/lawyerbusinessadvantage/
In this episode, Alay and Karl discuss:
- The stories everyone has that are worth sharing.
- Building your storytelling muscles.
- How your story affects what you do in your life.
- Belonging, connection, and vulnerability.
- Storytelling is an ancient tradition that many people have forgotten as, particularly in the US, creativity is taught out of people.
- Our brains are wired to remember and tell stories and to connect to others empathetically.
- People are tired of seeing Instagram-perfect facades. They want to connect to your real, vulnerable story.
- Fear can cause resistance in wanting to tell your story.
- “Stories that may seem boring, from your perspective, are going to be a powerful tool for helping your business and forming the sort of relationships you need to thrive.” — Karl Pontau
- “The stories that really sell are the people’s stories behind what they do.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Being vulnerable and open and willing to connect with people on that personal level, is something that people are really craving, especially from the businesses and people that they work with or work for.” — Karl Pontau
- “That’s the power of the TED Talk – it’s incredibly personal, and it shares a terrific life story.” — Alay Yajnik
About Karl Pontau:
I’d like to introduce you to Karl Pontau, owner of Squash and Stretch Productions. He helps people who want to have a big impact on their communities attract more of their best clients and employees with engaging, empathetic stories. He beat two brain tumors when he was 15, thanks to the help of his friends, family, community, and medical team. It’s why he’s so driven to help others build the sort of strong, empathetic connections that got him through the worst year of his life.
As a special offer, Karl gave me this link to book your own, complimentary 55-minute session. Like me, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the experience.
Here’s the link to book your session: https://calendly.com/squashandstretch/exceptional-storytelling-session
You can find Karl’s LinkedIn profile here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kpontau
Connect with Karl Pontau:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com