In this episode, Alay and Gary discuss:
- The #1 reason attorneys should use LinkedIn to build their business.
- The evolution of LinkedIn as a business development platform.
- Building relationships to get sales opportunities.
- Creating a plan for your LinkedIn.
- While the Premium and Sales Navigator upgrades for LinkedIn can be useful, 98% of attorneys don’t need them and can do what they need to do with the free version.
- Build potential clients and referral sources into your LinkedIn network and you can start to build relationships without traveling.
- LinkedIn is all about relationships and making connections – don’t limit yourself to only people you know.
- “Business development with LinkedIn saves time.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Go to the basics of building relationships. It’s not pitching, it’s about building a relationship. Always think of it like a marathon as opposed to a sprint.” — Gary Johnson
- “As you get more inquiries about your services, you are able to pick and choose who you want to work with and don’t want to work with – what we call our ‘red velvet rope’ policy.” — Gary Johnson
- “LinkedIn for Lawyers is purpose-built for lawyers only. And we think it will really make a difference for associates and partners who are just simply too busy for business development.” — Alay Yajnik
About Gary Johnson:
Imagine getting 5X more referrals whether you are an introvert or extrovert…it doesn’t matter. At J2 Marketing, we coach attorneys on how to build a robust book of business with ideal clients. There is a lot of confusion in marketing a legal practice…we take the confusion out, to save attorneys time and money with the most profitable strategies that are tailored to their strengths…instead of to someone else’s.
Connect with Gary Johnson:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com