In this episode, Alay and Pamela discuss:
- How to streamline and spend less time on administrative tasks.
- Creating systems for the things that are keeping you up at night.
- Building a filing system.
- Take a look at what you are wasting your billable time on. Time is your most precious asset, see what you can streamline or delegate to get more out of that specific set of time.
- PIles of documents and filing that needs done around your office is a clear sign that you need help with increasing efficiency.
- Create a workstation manual for every position so everyone is keeping consistent with how they are doing all of the work.
- If you are looking to grow your firm, you need everyone to be doing their jobs at a high quality – a workstation manual is something that can help to make that happen more efficiently and effectively.
- “Implementing processes and checklists in your firm saves time and increases quality. ” — Alay Yajnik
- “When things are going crazy in the office, a system can help maintain order in your office.” — Alay Yajnik
- “People tend to name documents the way they want to name it and it’s hard for others to find the document because it’s not named the way they would name it. So we create a system with a standard file naming procedure that everybody follows, creating organized digital files, making it easily accessible and easy to find.” — Pamela Mims
- “You should have your forms, your checklists, and repeatable actions documented in the workstation manual so that you don’t have to train people over and over.” — Pamela Mims
About Pamela Mims:
Pamela Mims of Mims Business Consulting and Law Office Organizing is an Office-Efficiency and Productivity Strategist with over 25 years specializing in law office and small business organization, implementing effective and efficient workflow systems.
Connect with Pamela Mims:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com