In this episode, Alay and Bo discuss:
- What lawyers should look for when hiring a digital marketing and advertising agency.
- Focusing on your goals and needs, and not just general tactics.
- Day in the life of a digital marketing agency.
- Prioritize setting expectations.
- Your marketing agency should have some expertise in the legal area you are in so they can best understand the nuances of your niche.
- There are a lot of nuances with legal, particularly personal injury law, that include things like things you can and cannot say. You would not want a junior agent working on your marketing.
- Expertise, with referrals and proof, is what separates a great digital marketing agency from an average or poor agency.
- You want to make sure you and your potential clients agree on certain things before work begins: payment, timelines, and communication are three big areas to set those expectations on.
- “Make sure to read the fine print and make sure your Google account and your website remain fully in your ownership.” — Bo Royal
- “Communication is one of our values. Having that transparency with clients about why we’re making the decisions we’re making and what’s going on underneath the hood is extremely important, especially for lawyers, because lawyers are already busy as is. They don’t have time to figure out all this stuff. ” — Bo Royal
- “If you don’t have a partner that not only understands the technical side of things but also the industry in general, you could be hindering your firm’s growth pretty significantly.” — Bo Royal
- “If I could go back in time and teach my younger self something, it would be to slow down and prioritize setting those expectations upfront. Had I done that I either would have been more successful in keeping some clients, or on the flip side, I probably wouldn’t have said yes to some of those clients.” — Bo Royal
About Bo Royal:
Bo Royal is a former Fortune 500 agency executive turned legal marketing expert with a decade-long track record of scaling online revenues for renowned brands such as Calvin Klein, GNC, Sallie Mae, and Kate Spade New York. Transitioning into a marketing leadership role at a prominent Workers’ Compensation & Social Security Disability firm in Philadelphia, Bo became the driving force behind a remarkable fourfold increase in the firm’s online case volume.
As a current advisory board member for the same law firm, which now thrives with eight-figure revenue and 12 office locations across Pennsylvania, Bo is the visionary force behind Pareto Legal, uniquely positioned to empower small to medium-sized law firms in securing seven to eight figures worth of additional cases. Their team’s unrivaled experience working directly with numerous law firms sets them apart from other agencies, ensuring unparalleled success for their clients.
Passionate about education, Bo regularly shares digital marketing expertise on podcasts, helping attorneys and law firm marketers optimize their success. With a deep commitment to philanthropy, Bo leverages his success to make a positive impact in the community and beyond.
Connect with Bo Royal:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com