Get Staffed Up offers virtual assistant services exclusively for law firms. Get $500 off your setup fee at https://getstaffedup.com/lawyerbusinessadvantage/
In this episode, Alay and Katherine discuss:
- The many hats that Katherine wears in her personal and professional life.
- Finding time to focus on what needs to be done most.
- Power of time blocking.
- Taking time to be a supervisor versus a doer.
- Consider categorizing your tasks into buckets, sorting them by priority, and checking them off as needed.
- Take the time to plan your week (late Sunday or early Monday).
- Managing time, prioritizing, and communicating with people can help you to make things more efficient not just in your firm, but also in your life.
- If you want to be a supervisor, you have to be willing to let go and look at the work from a quality control perspective.
- “Strategizing at the very beginning of my week, how my week is going to unfold, and trying to carve out the time I need to bring in revenue.” — Katherine Zarate Dulany
- “There are so many time management systems because different systems work for different people. You need to find one that works for you, and then tweak it so it absolutely works for you. “ — Alay Yajnik
- “Systems and checklists keep a good team performing well, even if they’re having a bad day.” — Alay Yajnik
- “With all the work that I’m doing now I can have more time to take those vacations, to have more personal time.” — Katherine Zarate Dulany
About Katherine Zarate Dulany:
Katherine Zarate Dulany, Esq. AWI-CH is an experienced and responsive employment lawyer who offers practical employment advice, counseling, and training to employers seeking to minimize litigation exposure and comply with California employment laws. She is also a skilled litigator and has a track record of resolving disputes strategically and efficiently, and she defends employers as employment-related disputes arise. Katherine also represents executives and professionals on a case-by-case basis and believes that a mixed practice provides an enriched perspective beneficial to all clients.
Katherine also conducts neutral workplace investigations in response to complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other workplace misconduct or violations. She is an Association of Workplace Investigators (“AWI”) Certificate Holder, a distinction earned following an intensive training program provided by the AWI.
Connect with Katherine Zarate Dulany:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com