In this episode, Alay and Jerry discuss:
- Why lawyers don’t change their practice areas (even when they want to).
- Getting unstuck from your practice area.
- The benefits of taking the leap of faith to change your practice area.
- Finding your small wins as you make the transition.
- Law is like any other business – when you get into a routine it can be difficult to break out of that routine.
- If you are feeling drained or not committed to your business, you will feel the drain in other areas of your life as well.
- It can take time to change your practice area (especially if you have clients in those other areas), but it does take courage and the ability to say “no” instead of continuing to practice in areas you aren’t passionate about.
- Changing your practice area is about more than just changing your marketing. It also needs you to change your mindset.
- “Whether it is someone in law, or in any business, you have to be driven by your personal passion. ” — Jerry Covella
- “One of the benefits of hiring a business coach, if an attorney is looking to shift practice areas, is that they can act as a guide and as a de-risking factor to make your transition as likely to succeed as possible.” — Alay Yajnik
- “As you are breaking a routine, you need to create some fundamental wins in that process.” — Jerry Covella
Connect with Jerry Covella:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com