Get Staffed Up offers virtual assistant services exclusively for law firms. Get $500 off your setup fee at https://getstaffedup.com/lawyerbusinessadvantage/
In this episode, Alay and Lee discuss:
- Why Lee decided to leave big law and build his own law firm.
- What it means to be outside general counsel to a company.
- Succession planning for a successful business.
- Challenges when it comes to acquiring clients.
- As general counsel, you are the right hand and best friend of the CEO to help make everything envisioned happen.
- Succession planning needs to start earlier than when someone has already passed.
- Very little should happen in a business that is not planned, or at least anticipated as a possibility.
- You and your client need to be able to communicate and understand one another.
- “As general counsel, we are a hybrid between a business professional and a legal professional.” — Lee Goldberg, Esq.
- “I build my entire practice and, frankly, my entire life based upon relationships.” — Lee Goldberg, Esq.
- “His message is all about his clients and their situation and how he feels in his relationship with his clients. It sets him apart from every other outside general counsel.” — Alay Yajnik
- “You don’t need to grow, grow, grow, grow, grow, grow. It’s really about defining the kind of practice you want and understanding how much business you can take on comfortably and knowing that the amount of business is going to meet your needs and your aspirations. And then designing your practice from there.” — Alay Yajnik
About Lee Goldberg, Esq.:
Lee Goldberg is a transactional business attorney in his 36th year of practice. Lee has extensive experience in negotiating and documenting sophisticated real estate transactions, finance matters, intellectual property licensing & protection, corporate structuring, M&A and many other business transactions, operational and exit strategies & protections. Currently, the majority of Lee’s practice is spent acting as outside general counsel to numerous companies across a broad spectrum of industries, including real estate, manufacturing, retail, software, professional services, and consumer products.
Connect with Lee Goldberg, Esq.:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com