In this episode, Alay and Jim discuss:
- Why attorneys need their own books of business.
- Business development ideas
- Balancing different types of business development, both virtual and in person.
- While related, marketing and business development are different.
- Attorneys are great referral sources for other attorneys.
- Put together a group of your peers (who are also rising stars), meet monthly, and you will find ways to refer to one another and support one another.
- The best way to get in front of the people who are buying your product or service is to create your own event and invite your clients and prospects to come to the event.
- “Marketing sets the table, and business development invites the guest.” — Jim Ries
- “You find time to work out, you find time to spend with family, you find time to sleep, you find time to do your hobbies. Marketing and doing business development should be one of those activities that you make time for.” — Jim Ries
- “Business development is a long-term type of deal. It’s not something where you can just snap your fingers and have clients pouring in the door the next day.” — Alay Yajnik
- “You can’t sell legal services, you just have to be top of mind when people need your services.” — Jim Ries
About Jim Ries:
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing full-service law firms in the United States. With offices in nine states and the District of Columbia, Offit Kurman is well-positioned to meet the legal needs of dynamic businesses and the individuals who own and operate them. For nearly 35 years, we have represented privately held companies and families of wealth throughout their business life cycles.
As Director of Business Development, Jim Ries drives revenue growth for Offit Kurman by helping business leaders and families of wealth address some of their most difficult challenges. Jim has access to a deep network of over 270 attorneys, and he is able to connect his clients to the right attorney who can resolve their legal disputes and protect their assets. Jim is a master networker, and his high-level connections call him for solutions when they don’t know who to call. Let Jim be your Legal Concierge.
- LinkedIn For Lawyers: https://linkedinforlawyers.net/
Connect with Jim Ries:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com