In this episode, Alay and Brett discuss:
- Why 24 months is a short time in business (and how you can find freedom in that time).
- The 7 positions in a law firm that you need to hire for.
- Hiring internationally to grow your firm for less.
- Shoring up your systems before hiring another attorney.
- Hiring is an investment in your firm. Their work frees you up to continue building business.
- If you don’t have an assistant, you are the assistant and you are worth too much to do those assistant tasks as the lawyer.
- You will likely need to hire your first attorney or paralegal earlier than you think you will.
- Pay that would be too little for living in the US can be a life-changing amount of money overseas.
- “A good employee should make you money. Every time you hire someone, it should be to save you time so you can spend more time doing what brings the money into the firm.” — Brett Trembly
- “When we got a virtual assistant focused on recruiting based in the Philippines…It solves a lot of our problems because that one person didn’t cost us much more, but the value she provided, because she was trained up and really focused on doing this specific task, alleviated a big bottleneck we had in the business.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Our experience has been usually that first attorney or paralegal that happens really early on in the staffing process. That person makes some money, it will free up time, and it’s gonna make money. When you have cases that you’re not able to get to, that’s just money sitting there waiting!” — Alay Yajnik
- “When you give someone a job in another country, then suddenly they don’t need to leave and try to go somewhere else for success, they can be with their family, right where they are, and buy homes, raise families and be successful.” — Brett Trembly
About Brett Trembly:
Lawyer / Entrepreneur / Author / Delegation Expert
- Inc. 5000 (x 2)
- Published Author: The Danger Zones
- Adjunct professor Miami Law
- 30-employee team Trembly Law (11 attorneys)
- 100+-employee team Get Staffed Up
Connect with Brett Trembly:
Go to https://getstaffedup.com/lawyerbusinessadvantage to find Brett’s book 24 Months to Freedom and get a discount on services from Get Staffed Up!
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com