Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:49 — 26.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Jodie discuss:
- Advice for small law firms looking to hire.
- Qualities of candidates that are often overlooked
- Jodie’s unique “re-tingent” recruiter model (and how it differs from both a classic retainer or contingency model).
- Getting the most out of your recruiter experience.
- Have a clear understanding of what your practice needs when you are looking to hire.
- Keep in contact and clear communication with your recruiter – not everyone can be hired or is the right fit for a law firm, but communication is key.
- Be prepared, both as the recruit and as the recruiting law firm for the interview and all necessary aspects to ensure the hiring process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Having a retaining fee puts skin in the game for both the recruiter and the company hiring during the recruiting process.
- “Understand the firm’s needs so that you can clearly communicate that either to a legal recruiter, if you choose to go that route, or even the people that apply for the jobs. You’re going to want to be able to clearly identify and explain what you’re looking for, what your firm is looking for, and what direction your firm is going. ” — Jodie Zerega
- “Rule number one: ‘Don’t ghost your recruiter.’” — Alay Yajnik
- “Move quick, move decisively, and have your hiring process put together.” — Alay Yajnik
About Jodie Zerega:
Jodie Zerega started Zerega Consulting in 2003 and has filled hundreds of attorney positions in law firms, corporations, and non-profit organizations across the United States, Canada, and Asia. She has worked with many different clients ranging from private, start-ups to publicly traded companies with over 25,000 employees. Prior to starting Zerega Consulting, she worked as the Director of Recruiting at a multi-national law firm in Atlanta for 9 years. She recently launched the Attorney Jobs app which allows candidates to browse hundreds of jobs including in-house, law firm, contract & staff attorney positions.
Connect with Jodie Zerega:
Attorney Jobs App: https://www.zeregaconsulting.com/attorney-jobs
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com