In this episode, Alay discusses:
- Bonuses and raises for yourself and your team.
- Setting goals for employees and vendors.
- Taking the time to create your strategic plan for next year.
- Identifying key actions to create an action plan to achieve your strategic plan.
- The application of goals can help you better know what to do with raises, bonuses, and overall understanding of performance.
- Make sure your goals are as clear as possible. Consider using the SMART acronym for writing your goals.
- Create a list of at least 10, but preferably more, wins. As you see what you’ve done well and accomplished that will create momentum for success going into the next year.
- Be as specific as you can in regard to your actions, that is how you will achieve your goals.
- “A goal isn’t necessarily meant to capture every aspect of someone’s job, but it’s supposed to capture the things that are most important that you want them to do over a certain period of time, whether it’s weekly, quarterly, annually.” — Alay Yajnik
- “The other benefit of having goals is it forces you to think about what you really want from your employees and vendors.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Growth and success come from momentum. And momentum comes from wins, stacking upon wins, stacking upon wins. That’s how you build confidence. It’s how you build momentum. It’s how you actually make progress.” — Alay Yajnik
- “I guarantee you, you have hundreds of wins over the course of the year, you just haven’t looked for them and acknowledged them.” — Alay Yajnik
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com