In this episode, Alay and Alina discuss:
- Alina’s entrepreneur journey from corporate America to starting her own law firm.
- Playing the long game of business development.
- Alternative fee structures and Pricing.
- The small business network.
- The question “who do you think I should connect with?” at the end of a meeting can be game changing for you and your firm..
- You need to have both a destination and a map for your firm – it will be unique for every law firm.
- There is a network of small businesses who help and support each other.
- People are increasingly intentional about whom they choose to work with; it is no longer just about being a big name.
- “I really enjoy meeting new people, getting to know them, connecting and building relationships…having your own business is kind of the perfect excuse to do a lot of that.” — Alina Lee
- “Either you’re winning or you’re learning. As long as you continue to play the game, one of those things will happen.” — Alay Yajnik
- “It’s totally common to change your law firm name…as your law firm evolves.” — Alay Yajnik
- “It used to be that there was a strong preference for working with a big name. Now, for the first time, there is more of an emphasis on diversity and inclusion.” — Alina Lee
Connect with Alina Lee:
Connect with Alay Yajnik: