Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:27 — 26.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Belle discuss:
- Returning to work after maternity leave.
- The right time to look at your law firm systems.
- Understanding what you, personally, need to build your perfect practice.
- Visualization as the key to understanding.
- Take the time to recharge so you show up are your best, botn professionally and personally.
- Document your current systems now and you will likely find opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Your company evolves as it grows and as time passes. The way you did things in the past may not be the best way to do them now.
- Document your systems in pictures or diagrams, not just words. It makes it easier to spot opportunities for improvement.
- “As the firm grows, you have an opportunity to shed some of those hats and move them to other people and other services.” — Alay Yajnik
- “There’s almost always an opportunity for efficiency if you take a step back and really look for it.” — Belle Walker
- “Anytime there’s a piece of your practice that you’re dreading having to tackle on a daily/monthly/annual basis, that’s a really good opportunity to look at why you hate it so much, because there’s probably some inefficiency there.” — Belle Walker
- “When you lay this stuff out on paper, you get some really good ideas of ways you can change the process and make it better.” — Alay Yajnik
About Belle Walker:
Belle Walker takes organizations from Friction to Function, recapturing lost efficiency and engagement by aligning structures and processes with strategic goals. Her clients span tech, professional services, nonprofits, and more.
Prior to consulting, Belle built several successful teams for HERE Technology, including one responsible for the quality of maps for autonomous vehicles, and received two patents. Belle began her career at Google, building a nation-wide aerial photography operation. She has also built Product Management and Customer Service organizations.
Belle has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Harvard and a Systems Engineering master’s from USC where her research studied organizations as systems.
Connect with Belle Walker:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com