In this episode, Alay and Kristi discuss:
- Definition of leadership and how it appears in a law firm.
- Six key areas of leadership.
- Resetting the idea of effective leadership.
- Improving retention through professional development.
- “Leadership is not accidentally bestowed or inherited. Leadership is a deliberate, thoughtful process that is about lifting the people around you.” – Mark Harry
- Modern law firms require leaders that can facilitate open communication and foster collaboration.
- People leave law firms due to their relationship with their direct manager more than workload, money, or anything else.
- Creating a positive work environment and work culture should be your number one priority – and those changes begin with you, as the leader.
- “Leadership is influence.” — Kristi Royse
- “Change is hard, and in leadership, it is so personal.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Improving the firm’s culture starts with you. Take a moment to just reflect on how you show up with your firm.” — Alay Yajnik
About Kristi Royse:
A nationally-recognized executive coach, speaker, and facilitator, Kristi Royse has been inspiring people to succeed for over 25 years. Using her unique blend of inspiration, motivation, real-world strategies, and actionable steps, Kristi’s clients consistently achieve measurable results. Although she works across industries, Kristi has a special affinity for lawyers and law firms. Legal industry clients include Hopkins & Carley, Clean Energy Counsel, Alto Litigation, Nicols Law, DeLacey, Riebel & Shindell LLC, Fortem IP, Lakin Spears, Fox Rothschild LLP, Gadzo Law PC, Laughlin Law, Hoge Fenton, Rodnunsky & Associates, and the California Bar Association.
Connect with Kristi Royse:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com