Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 16:48 — 15.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay discusses:
- How and when to hire attorneys and staff.
- Critical mistakes people make when hiring.
- Best practices for hiring attorneys and staff
- Hire before you are doing the work of two people so you have time to search for the hire, train them, and do so without exhausting yourself.
- Take time every week to hire an employee – up to 5 hours per week when you are on that job search.
- Create your wish list – the attorneys and staff you’d love to work with
- “You want to hire early. Consider it an investment in your firm.” — Alay Yajnik
- “You do not need to hire someone full time.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Hiring an employee is much more difficult than finding clients.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Even if you’ve got three positions open, when you’re trying to leverage your network only discuss one position.” — Alay Yajnik
Alay is the author of Staffing Up: The Attorney’s Guide to Hiring Top Talent, the first book on hiring for lawyers. Alay Yajnik is a law firm growth expert and founder of Law Firm Success Group. He has run a $100MM business and built a $5MM business from the ground up. Alay’s team is dedicated to helping busy lawyers across the country make more money, work fewer hours, and spend more time doing the things they love by running their law firm as a business. Alay Yajnik holds an MBA in Finance and Marketing from Santa Clara University.
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com