Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 21:43 — 24.9MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
Get Staffed Up offers virtual assistant services exclusively for law firms. Get $500 off your setup fee at https://getstaffedup.com/lawyerbusinessadvantage/
In this episode, Alay and Joe discuss:
- Financial planning for attorneys.
- Getting professional advice to plan for the future.
- Questions that get attorneys thinking about their future in different ways.
- Working with an advisor who cares about you outside of your money.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail.
- There should not be any surprises around fees when you are working with a financial planning advisor.
- Take the time to think about the things that are most important.
- There are alternative investments to just stocks and bonds. Working with a financial advisor can help you discover what may be best for you and your situation.
- “We take prospective clients through [the EVOKE] process, to really get laser clear on what’s really important to them, and then we create a plan around that.” — Joe Delaney
- “Let’s assume for a moment that…you’re going to pass away in two weeks, and there’s nothing you can do. What fears, thoughts or emotions does that bring to bear?” — Joe Delaney
- “If you’re running from deadline to deadline, and you’re focused on the here and now without any regard for the future, you’re missing out on a lot of opportunities.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Attorneys spend a lot of time accumulating wealth….Ensuring that it’s in good hands is an investment of time that is well worth making.” — Alay Yajnik
About Joe Delaney:
In his youth, founder Joe Delaney was a lifeguard on the Southern California Coast. Not the Hollywood stereotype, mind you, but the real-life kind: calm, vigilant, quietly there, so others can more safely enjoy their days at the beach.
We are your Financial Lifeguard. We remain committed to these timeless qualities today, as we help our clients explore, discover and savor their life’s greatest pursuits. For the entirety of your wealth, we’re looking out for you: watching for riptides of risk; scanning the horizon ahead of you; stepping in if you get in over your head. Practically speaking, this means we are:
- In a fiduciary relationship with our clients – We prioritize our clients’ highest financial interests, even ahead of our own.
- Fee-only with transparent pricing – We offer solid advice for a reasonable fee. Enhancing our client-centric, fiduciary focus, this is our sole source of compensation.
- Evidence-based – Our investment advice is guided by rigorously reviewed academic evidence (instead of the usual emotional and behaviorally biased “hunches” and prognostications).
- Informed – We cultivate a culture steeped in experience, learning, and collaborative consultation. There’s always more to know!
- Professional – Our careers are not just our jobs. We love having the chance to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Whether or not we’re the perfect fit for you, we recommend seeking these same qualities in any wealth advisor with whom you do business. (PS: They don’t necessarily have to be a real lifeguard!)
Connect with Joe Delaney:
Insights from attorney-focused whitepaper “Before the Sun Goes Down: Will You Be Ready to Retire?”: https://lifeguardwealth.com/attorney-white-paper
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com