Get Staffed Up offers virtual assistant services exclusively for law firms. Get $500 off your setup fee at https://getstaffedup.com/lawyerbusinessadvantage/
In this episode, Alay and Matt discuss:
- Why Matt created MyCase and Lawmatics.
- Building and scaling a profitable law firm with the help of automation.
- The impact of technology on the practice of law.
- Signs your client experience isn’t as great as you think it is and how to change it.
- The number one complaint attorneys face is client communication.
- You can be the best lawyer, but if you have terrible customer service, your law firm will not succeed.
- The law firm that focuses on client experience is rare, even though many claim it is their focus.
- Look at every step of the client journey and look for ways to delight them.
- “Lawyers don’t think about their firms in terms of being a business, but it is still a business, and the fundamental rules of business still apply.” — Matt Spiegel
- “Lawyers do amazing work for people and we feel like they deserve to have a really good life, make a good income, have some fun, and take some time off.” — Alay Yajnik
- “You are a law firm, you are a service-oriented business, which means you should have a relationship with your client.” — Matt Spiegel
- “If you’re spending most of your time upfront designing the process, and less of your time actually implementing it in the software, you’re doing it the right way.” — Alay Yajnik
About Matt Spiegel:
Matt Spiegel is a serial entrepreneur and lawyer who enjoys building products and solving problems using management and marketing automation software for attorneys. He founded MyCase and Lawmatics, the latter of which he also serves as CEO. He worked as a criminal defense attorney but has spent years focused on innovating the legal-tech space to help attorneys scale their business.
Connect with Matt Spiegel:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com