In this episode, Alay discusses:
- Connecting with “why” you started your own firm.
- Embracing your role as the owner of your firm.
- Designing your ideal practice while avoiding the How Trap.
- Six areas to consider when designing your ideal practice.
- It is your firm, you do not have to follow the standard conventions that other law firms choose to follow.
- When you are thinking about designing your ideal practice, think about “the why” and avoid thinking about “the how.”
- Give yourself permission to push the envelope, dream big, and have fun.
- Be detailed with what you want, and why you want it. Once you commit to creating your law firm, the “how to create it” will come to you.
- “Whether you’re really happy with your firm, or whether you’re really unhappy with your firm, it’s your law firm. This is the law firm that you own. And because you own it, you can do what you want.” — Alay Yajnik
- “The resources are out there, but first you have to decide the why and the what for your firm.” — Alay Yajnik
- “Give yourself permission to go for what you want.” — Alay Yajnik
- “The decisions you make in your law firm and how you run it are going to have a huge impact on the lifestyle that you have.” — Alay Yajnik
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
LAWnch: Design Your Ideal Practice