Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:01 — 25.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | Deezer | RSS
In this episode, Alay and Marco discuss:
- Learning how to sell and close.
- Running your law firm like a business.
- The 7 rules to 100% collections.
- Selling and closing are two different things. Both are important, but without closing you aren’t getting the work.
- Focus on collecting 100% of your revenue.
- If you have 1000 problems, start with one that can possibly help you to solve other problems and build from there.
- “Collections is the easiest way to increase revenue in any law firm.” — Marco Brown
- “If your close rate is under 60% you should be working on that. If your close rate is 100% that is a red flag, and you are probably taking on clients you shouldn’t be.” — Alay Yajnik
- “You have to have a person who is in charge of your collections system. Their number one job is getting paid at 100%. That’s it.” — Marco Brown
- “Systems are what keeps a good team performing well, even when they’re having a bad day.” — Alay Yajnik
- Be That Lawyer Podcast: https://www.fretzin.com/podcast/episodes/
About Marco Brown:
Marco grew up in a small village in Alaska called Cold Bay (population 85). He never did manage to graduate from high school, getting his GED before moving on to college, and eventually graduating with honors from law school.
In 2010, Marco and his wife, Demaree, moved to Utah and Marco started Brown Family Law, with no clients and no network, on the floor of their condo. They were $160,000 in student loan
debt at the time.
Since then, Marco has been awarded Utah family law attorney of the year, as voted on by his peers in the Utah Bar Association. Brown Family Law has grown and helped over 4000 through divorce and family law situations in Utah, and it’s expanding beyond Utah to help people in other states.
In his free time, Marco spends most of his time with his wife and three kids. He also loves to cook and travel, usually to Italy. For exercise, he does what he enjoys: walking and lifting heavy things and puts them down.
#Divorceattorney#Utah#Familylaw#divorce#lawyer #lawyers #lawfirm #lawfirms #linkedinexpert #buisnessdevelopment #podcast #networking #business #businesscoach #sales #legal #money #success
Connect with Marco Brown:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com